IEEE 5G World Forum 2018
Thank you to our speakers, volunteers, organizers, sponsors, and most of all, attendees for a successful inaugural IEEE 5G World Forum.
Best paper award:
5G New Radio Physical Random Access Preamble Design, Gerhard Schreiber (Nokia Bell Labs, Germany); Marcos B.S. Tavares (Nokia Bell Labs, USA)
- Optimizing Over-The-Air Virtual Reality Broadcast Transmissions with Low-Latency Feedback, Athul Prasad (Nokia Networks, Finland); Andreas Maeder (Nokia Networks, Germany); Mikko Uusitalo (Nokia Bell Labs, Finland)
- An Efficient Limited Feedback for Multi-panel based 2D Antenna Array, Moon-il Lee (InterDigital Communications, Inc.); Loïc Canonne-Velasquez (InterDigital, Canada); Janet Stern-Berkowitz (InterDigital Communications, Inc., USA)
- First Commercial Hybrid Massive MIMO System for Sub-6Hz Bands, Reza Monir Vaghefi, Glenston Miranda, Rakesh Srirambhatla, Giovanni Marzin, Chris Ng, Farid Fayazbakhsh, Sanjeev Tarigopula, Ramesh Chembil Palat and Mihai Banu (Blue Danube Systems, USA)
For questions please email WF5G2018@ieee.org.
Streaming of the keynote talks:
Day 1 Keynote Speakers: Click here.
- Welcome remarks (Ashutosh Dutta, Latif Ladid, Frank Fitzek, Antonio Skarmeta)
- Sanjay Jha – General Chair (00:11:27), Download presentation (PDF)
- Peter Vetter – Nokia (0:41:17), Download presentation (PDF)
- David Lu – AT&T Labs (01:14:25), Download presentation (PDF)
- James Kimery – National Instruments (01:52:38), Download presentation (PDF)
- Michael Ha – FCC (02:22:33), Download presentation (PDF)
Day 2 Keynote Speakers: Click here.
- Chih-Lin I – China Mobile (00:04:48)
- Henning Schulzrinne – Columbia University (00:53:35), Download presentation (PDF)
- Jin Bains – Facebook (01:42:15)
- Monisha Ghosh – NSF (02:09:40), Download presentation (PDF)
Day 3 Keynote Speakers: Click here.
- Geoff Mulligan – Skylight (00:05:50), Download presentation (PDF)
- Egil Gronstad – T-Mobile USA (00:51:31), Download presentation (PDF)
- Constantine Polychronopoulos – VMware (01.29.43)
- Andrea Goldsmith – Stanford University (02:07:10), Download presentation (PDF)
View Presentation Slides from other parts of the program.
View photos from the event at these links:
News from IEEE 5G World Forum 2018:
Experts Disagree on Top Applications for 5G, IEEE Spectrum, 13 July 2018
5G support for the IoT is a step toward pervasive automation, RCR Wireless News, 12 July 2018
IEEE 5G World Forum: T-Mobile says 5G is AWESOME, Converge! Network Digest, 12 July 2018
IEEE 5G World Forum: China Mobile sees Deep Rethinking with 5G, Converge! Network Digest, 11 July 2018
Listen to a sneak peek of our General Chair, Sanjay Jha’s, keynote presentation, “5G: Let’s not wait for the killer app,” in our latest edition of the IEEE 5G Transmissions: Podcasts with the Experts.
Tune in as our banquet speaker, Adam Drobot, answers the question “Is it time to change how we think about telecommunications generations?” in our latest installment of the IEEE 5G Transmissions: Podcasts with the Experts.